Welcome to H.A.R.P.

This H.A.R.P. forum was inspired by the aspirations and touching stories that my students have shared with me of their amazing experiences with the harp and its healing qualities.
You will hear from them about the broad applications of harp music . Therapeutic benefits are received by not only those who listen, but also by those who play this heavenly instrument.

People of all ages seem to come to the harp primarily for these reasons:

Stress reduction
Calming activity for those who are highly sensitive
Learning to the play the instrument
Spiritual connection
Harp Therapy
Service to others


If you are new to the harp world, or are an experienced harper, you are invited to ask questions or share with others.

You might wish to consider some of the following:

*What has been your relationship with your harp - has it changed your life in anyway?
*What type of harp do you play?
*How long have you been playing?
*What goals do you have with the harp?
*How do you see the harp as being a healing agent in our modern world, much like it was in ancient times?
*How do you envision the harp being of service to others?

Click on the pink COMMENTS LINK in each section to read more!

Share your comments by clicking on the pink Comments link at the bottom of this page. Your suggestions are most welcome! We look forward to seeing you here often.


On Wings of a Dove CD

On Wings of a Dove CD
Harp Music to Soothe the Soul

READ COMMENTS BELOW

Hear how others have been inspired by the harp.
Click on pink COMMENTS links on each post to read more!


Sunday, July 20, 2008

Post Your Comments

Click on pink Comments link below:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A yearling doe recently visited our backyard. I took my little green Harpsicle to the door and very slowly and softly played for her. Her eyes and ears filled with the sound of the music and she lingered for hours, calming eating our grass.

The harp has far-reaching effects we never dream of.

Please share with others the stories that have touched you deeply and will touch others.

Peace and harmony,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Report from the first week at class with my high school students:

My lap harp,"Penelope," was welcomed with...awe, I guess is the best word for it. They stared at her, kind of wide-eyed; some laughed for a second when I first picked her up, prompted by what I am sure was the sheer surprise of it. They love her. I have former students expressing jealousy and coming in in the morning asking me to play her for them. I play for the first period class as they come in, and for the sixth period one since my plan is fifth period. The other classes are welcomed and "dismissed with a gliss." How's that for some early school year poetry? The other day, kids were packing up to leave the room, the bell rang, and I was at my desk. They held their ground, waiting for "Penelope" to release them. I have kids asking if I will be "harpin' it up" when they are in the class next door, so they can listen. She could not have been received more warmly. We're having a lot of fun.

I would love to hear from other harpers regarding your experiences with the harp.

Anonymous said...

I am listening to your album as I write and it has already played for hours. I found your music via a hospital Pastoral Care nurse. I ordered a therapy harp and have joined the Threshold Choir, singing at the bedside of hospice patients. I am beginning hospice volunteer training, and plan to play harp for hospice patients.
Your guardian angel delights in having you play your healing harp music. Your music draws one up to a higher realm.
Thank you for being in the world at this time and doing God's work.

Angels and harps forever.

Anonymous said...

I am excited about the possibility of beginning study in a harp therapy program. Ever since my job ended, I've been trying to figure out something "meaningful" to do. Ironically, I bought my harp with the idea that I might be able to use it to combine my interest in human services and music. But it took all this time for me to start enjoying it myself!

Anonymous said...

I took my first lesson last week. No harp Nazi stopping me in mid p lay changing my hand position. Fun and more fun, playing songs, making up songs, relaxing and feeling the music. Yes, hand position is important, but I'm sixty not six. I will never be a classical harpist because I don't want to be. I want to relax have fun and finish a song. Make music that pleases me. Christine is helping me find that in an especially gentle way. And I didn't have to wear shoes.

Gail Giles

Carrie Eyre said...

Harp Strings vibrating..
Adding melody to the ebb and flow of life.